Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Zula Kenyon - Song of the Bluebird

Song of the Bluebird - Zula Kenyon
The picture on the left is a counted cross stitch adaptation of Zula Kenyon's, 1873-1947 art, Song of the Bluebird (link is short bio).  She did a bluebird series of pictures and the name is one of several I found for this piece.  The cross stitch pattern was in a Leisure Arts book, however credit was not given to the artist.  I did not know the origin of the piece until we were visiting my family in Wisconsin and I saw the picture on the right hanging in one of the bedrooms.  I was quite surprised and brought the picture home with me.

According to her bio, most of her subjects were of women, children, some landscapes and animals.  She was a very successful artist and produced calendar prints for the Gerlach-Barklow Company during her working career.  Most of her work was done prior to the 1920's. Ms. Kenyon was born in Wisconsin. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment